Updating Your Roofing Structure Today
When it comes to your roof, you only want the best. So why would you not want the best for your roof? Roofing structures are the unsung heroes of many buildings. They go through serious extreme situations daily. In order to ensure your roof is capable of doing everything you need it to do, you need the best of the best. What we are talking about is single-ply roofing, specifically EPDM. To learn more about EPDM roofing for your Frisco & Richardson, TX property, contact Kilker Roofing and Construction, LLC at 214-471-6210.
What is EPDM Roofing?
EPDM stands for ethylene propylene diene terpolymer. This is a rubber-based roofing material that is considered single ply because it only takes one application to complete a roof. In many cases, it is literally a sheet of rubber material that is adhered to a roof either chemically or with heat. In other instances, it is more of a liquid that is painted on. Regardless of the form, it comes in, EPDM roofing is an incredibly beneficial commercial roofing material. Not only is it considerably inexpensive, but it is durable, reliable, and trusted. Many commercial property owners consider the EPDM roofing costs much more reasonable than other expenses. To learn more about this material, keep reading or give our team a call today.
Benefits of EPDM Roofing
If you have been on the fence about a single ply roof or EPDM roof installation, there are some things to consider. While this is one of the most efficient roofing systems, it isn’t the best option for everyone. That in mind, there are a number of advantages and benefits that come with this roofing material.
- Price: One of the biggest advantages of EPDM is the fact that it is significantly inexpensive in comparison to other options. The product itself is cheap to manufacture, purchase, ship, store, move, and install. It is a great option for those that want to save money without compromising integrity.
- Longevity: Not only can this material last a while on its own, but it can help extend the life of your existing roof. If you have an EPDM roofing installation done over an existing roof, then your current roof will likely last 5-10 years longer than expected.
- Fire-Resistant: An advantage that many may be unaware of is the fact that EPDM is fire-resistant. No matter how hot the material gets, it will not catch fire. This is incredibly ideal for commercial buildings that may experience intense sun, heat, steam, and smoke exposure.
- Environmentally Friendly: Because EPDM membranes can be installed over existing roofs, there is no material waste. This helps to reduce the amount of waste in landfills, making it an eco-friendly option. EPDM is also usually white in color, helping to reflect UV rays, reducing energy and heat registers.
- Energy-Efficient: As mentioned, EPDM is usually white in color. This helps to reflect heat rather than absorbing it. In turn, this will help your HVAC system to operate more efficiently. You’ll notice a reduction in your energy bills a few months after an EPDM roofing installation.
EPDM is highly sought after and for good reason. It is an incredibly durable and trusted roofing option for many. As easy as it may seem with how to adhere EPDM roofing videos but attempting an installation by yourself is discouraged. There is still quite a bit that can go wrong. Rather than take your chances, rely on Kilker Roofing and Construction, LLC for expert and professional services. We are available at 214-471-6210 now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is EPDM roofing any good?
- In terms of roofing, EPDM membranes are considered one of the best roofing options on the market. It is lightweight, durable, and dependable. This material won’t put any extra weight on your decking and it can be applied directly over any other material.
- How long do EPDM roofs last?
- According to manufacturers, EPDM can last upwards of 50 years. However, when used as a roofing material, that life span is cut significantly short. That’s because it is constantly exposed to the elements. Most EPDM roofs last between 20 and 30 years.
- Can you walk on EPDM roofing?
- For the most part, yes, you can walk on an EPDM roof. It will depend on the type of roof you have, the brand, the application and more. But generally speaking, it is usually safe to assume you can walk on an EPDM roof.
- How much does EPDM roofing cost?
- It’s between about $5 and $8 per square foot for installation. That would make your total for a complete flat roof installation anywhere between $7,500 and $12,000. The final cost will vary based on a number of things, but generally, that’s what property owners should budget for.
- How do you maintain a rubber roof?
- The best way to maintain a rubber roof is making sure it is clean. Take time to clear any debris, leaves, trash or anything that has piled up. Doing so will ensure that the rubber roof can’t become punctured or damaged, resulting in problems.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Team Today
Connect with Kilker Roofing and Construction, LLC about EPDM roofing in Frisco & Richardson, TX. Call us at 214-471-6210 to set up an appointment with our team today.